Peter Vantyghem from the Belgian newspaper De Standaard picked Louis Raemaekers, Armed with Pen and Pencil as the best book of 2014.
Click here for more press reviews in Dutch.
- “Still talking about a fab evening at Dutch Centre listening to Ariane de Ranitz talking about her great book about Louis Raemaekers. 10/10″ NM
- “One of the best books I ever bought!” PR
- “The primary reference book on Raemaekers – Ariane de Ranitz. Beautifully written and illustrated.” Wimpole Estate NT, UK
- “I’ve finished the book, both reading and sometimes browsing through it. Now I have a very full head. My compliments. BP”
- “Such a handsome and comprehensive book. It’s absolutely stunning and I can not wait to look at it all in detail. LB”
- “J’ai bien reçu votre livre que je trouve vraiment très très intéressant. PM”
- “To browse through, watch and read your Raemaekers book is a feast. PvA”
- “A beautiful and fascinating book. I can stay busy with it for quite some time! GL”
- “What a wonderful book. What I have read so far is interesting and written with ease – it will definitely be interesting to a wider audience. The design and the beautiful illustrations make it even more attractive. LR”
- “Juste un petit mot pour te dire que je viens de finir ton livre et qu’il est remarquable. Et le titre est prémonitoire avec les évènements the Charlie Hebdo. LG”
- “What a phenomenon this artist and this beautifully made book shows it in a sublime way. HB”
- “We really enjoy your bookwork [what a job!!]; what a fascinating era and what a great documentation, tribute!! IB”
Click here for more readers’ comments in Dutch.